Controls Technician, travelingJob Type: Full Time
This is a travel position 80% of the year. You will perform project startups, including instrument installation, calibrating and commissioning; control panel terminations, markups and testing; network terminations and testing; and instrumentation, and panel training.
- Performs startup of project instrumentation, which may include installation, wiring, terminations.
- Commissions control panels on the job site, which includes field signal wiring, panel wire terminations, input/output signal checkout, and field equipment interfacing.
- Terminates plant network fiber and copper cables, and tests signal loss in each segment.
- Marks up control panel drawings with additions, deletions, and modifications to reflect actual field equipment interfaces.
- Preforms customer training on project instrumentation and control panels.
- Preforms on-site troubleshooting assistance to Contractor, Electrician, and Owner, as necessary.
What's In It for You
- Pay Commensurate with experience
- Relocation help available
- Benefits include medical, dental, vehicle, 401K and more
- Be a member of our highly talented team that allows you to become the best you can be. We like to hire from within – so the sky’s the limit!
- Trade school diploma for Electrical or Electronics.
- Electrical Journeyman or Low Voltage License a plus.
- Preferably 2+ years field service experience, BUT WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON!!!
- Competency with Windows based computers and Microsoft office products.
- An understanding and working knowledge of Building Automation Controls is desired
- Comprehension of Construction drawings is essential.
- Ability to communicate with customers (notably Contractors, Electricians, and Building managers), and co-workers is crucial.
- Ability to pass a Federal Background Check required.
To apply for this position please email cover letter and resume to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org